Your Monstar Halloween dinner is here!
Frankenstein Pasta is spooktacular to serve and even easier to make! You’ll steal the show with this MONSTAR!
- 1 cup – basil, fresh
- 2 cloves – garlic
- 1/3 oz (167 kernels) – pine nuts, dried
- 1/3 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash – salt
- 1/3 cup – olive oil
- 16 ounce – whole wheat pasta shells
- 3 medium – cucumber
- 4 oz – mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup – black olives, canned
- In a blender or food processor combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, salt (you can add pepper if you want as well) and olive oil. Taste and add more salt, pepper or garlic if desired.
- Bring a pot of water (about 5 cups) to a boil and add whole wheat pasta. Cook according to box instructions. Drain and add pesto sauce. Stir well and let cool.
- Peel and chop up 1 1/2 of the cucumbers and stir in to pasta.
- Pour out onto a platter and make a rectangle out of the pasta. Cut two slises of mozzarella and make them into circles using a cookie cutter or knife. Use olives to create Frank’s hair, pupils and mouth. Use the rest of the cucumber to make “bolts” in the side of his neck. Ta-dah!!!