Chicken & Quinoa
Makes Six Servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Makes Six, 1 Cup Servings. Calories Per Serving:
380 Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 1g, Protein: 29g, Carbs: 27g, Fiber 4g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ pound skinless chicken breast cut into smaller bite size pieces.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ cups quinoa
- In a large skillet/pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil until it starts to shimmer. Add the chicken and cook until the pieces are browned on all sides. It should take about 7-8 minutes. Take the chicken off the stove and let cool on a separate plate.
- In the same skillet (heat still on medium), add the garlic and onion and cook until the onions are soft and “see through” which should take about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, olives, tomatoes, oregano, black pepper, and paprika and mix well. Now you can put the heat on high and bring everything to a boil. Once it is boiling lower the head to a simmer and wait about 5 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes put the chicken back onto the skillet and mix everything together. Now turn the heat to medium-high and add in the quinoa bring the mixture to a boil. Then let it simmer for another 10 minutes or until the quinoa is tender. Serve when cool.